Friday, October 23, 2009

Banking And Beer

Today I ate lunch at my favorite brewpub, a Mcmenamins location called Six Arms. It's been a long time since I've been there, which was evident from the change in beer selection. On tap was a new beer called "Bernanke's Dream", which was the third and final brew in a series called "The Big Bailout". The first two in the series were no longer available; I can't remember what they were called exactly, but they were named after Paulson and Geithner. It's too bad I missed out on trying them. The "Bernanke's Dream" was quite good. Malty and hoppy, it also had some seasonal spice flavors (i.e., nutmeg and cinnamon) and a fine finish. If this is the type of thing the banking crisis inspires, I might require more crises in the future. Yum.

 

2 comments:

Seeking Serenity said...

ARGH! There is nothing like a full bodied beer.So delicious you practically chew it.
i wonder what they thought his 'dream' was...

Zeri Kyd said...

Jade, luckily the winter season brings about the most wonderful full-bodied beers, and the season is upon us. :-)